Google
 

Saturday, February 10, 2007

Why?

Just spent the greater part of the day fixing computers. New computers that don't work well at all. Brand new, more ram than you can shake a stick at, big empty drive, but full of incompatible software (Norton, Windows!!!!) and glitches. This runs XP so i am not sure what Vista will be like. however, i am sure it will be a bigger more bloated version of XP with more security curtains. Why anyone would purposely use a windows based machine is beyond me. they are slow sluggish and full of problems. I have yet to find a windows computer that just runs. Just runs, nothing else. There are the people out there that say that they have no problems with their PC. it always works fine. Bullshit! You are just used to fixing it. it is like driving a run down car. you don't notice all the crap that is wrong with it as long as it still goes forward. So you are used to your shitty computer and all the little things that go wrong with it that you have become very good at fixing. You are lying to yourself. A computer should never need to be fixed. turn it on, use it, enjoy it. Nothing else. maybe some maintenance or new setup every now and then but no problems.

Let me give all you non beleivers a job. Try to use your PC (Running Windows of any kind) for as long as you can with out tweaking it in anyway at all. I bet you cant make it a week. This means no restarts (if your computer crashes you lose), no driver uninstalls/reinstalls/refreshes/no restore points/no spyware removal/no program uninstall/reinstall, no program "Repairs" nothing that will fix a non-working part of the computer in any way. Now if a security update comes from Windows (and it will) go ahead and install it. I don't want to be the one responsible for you aiding terrorist activity or anything due to a Windows security hole. But other than that see how long you computer will stand on its own two feet without you having to step in. The last time my mac was off was when the power went last summer.

I use a Mac and have always used a mac. I also fix macs on the side. Boy, is that business ever slow. It is ridiculous. I haven't had to fix a mac since OSX came out. I am not saying they are superior. But why would you purposely use a PC with windows on it?

AK

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Couldn't agree more. Linux is where it's at for PCs. I run Xubuntu distro on my machine and I never need to monkey with it like I used to for Windoze XP. Start it up, leave it on until I think to turn it off and it stays on with no issues.

February 10, 2007 9:03 p.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home