Google
 

Thursday, January 18, 2007

Look the part

I am sitting at a nurses station reading a chart. I have been asked by one of the senior doctors I have been following to go visit a patient, and read his chart before i go see him. i am sitting at this station for about 20 mins reading the miles of scrawl about blood pressures, meds, and mini mental status exams. the record of this poor old man as he slips out of this world. I guess i was there too long when a nurse comes up to me and asks me to write orders for another patient.

Nurse: can you write orders for Mr. Olddood
me: Um, sorry I cant.
Nurse: Why not?
Me: I'm a second year medical student.
Nurse: silently walks away.

She wants his meds changed or something.

Hmmm, interesting.

Was it because I was the only "Man" wearing a tie? I wouldn't want to impose gender roles or anything but this has happened to me a few times. does it happen to any of the women in my class? would she have asked a female sitting at the desk.

AK

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home