Google
 

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

ok, apparently not that busy

I just wanted to post this. i was reading a random blog today when i read one of her posts and it struck a note. From what i can gather she is a 30 or 40 something manic depressive with a slew of other problems. She is American. here is the part I thought was interesting

Today I got a letter in the mail. It seems that because of my new job, I may lose my medicaid. I can't afford to lose that. If I do, I won't be able to afford my meds. All together, my meds cost about $1000 a month. I am not sure what to do about all that. I'd rather work, but if I lose my meds, I won't be able to keep a job anyway.


some social system we got working here in the "developed world" we live in. It would be cheaper to quit and go on welfare than to work for a living. This is not a problem that is limited to the US, in Canada, we have free medical services, but most provinces do not cover full costs of medications. There are some outpatient services, but anyone with a job will be required to pay a substantial med bill every month. She loses her coverage because she has a job (making a life for herself) but she will not be able to afford her meds and probably not be able to keep her job off of her meds (bipolar) if she keeps her job and loses her coverage.

life is hard for a lot of people. be happy with who you are and what you have.

AK

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home