Google
 

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Gen Surg

Week one of gen Surg. I like the science of surgery and the medicine is really cool, i just am not a big fan of long surgeries, especially complicated ones. However, I could stay in clinic all day and go to lectures about surgery non stop. So what have I learned (besides the fact that this is not the specialty for me).
1. Gen Surg residents/attendings are pretty laid back and easy to get along with (at least in newfoundland they are).
2. You dig around in an abdomen long enough, eventually you will find SOMETHING to cut out.
3. Nothing makes you want to be at work for 7 am like the smell of bowel.

Aaron

1 Comments:

Blogger make mine trauma said...

Clinic all day!? Non stop lectures?! I find this very odd. I can't understand why everyone doesn't love surgery. Long complicated surgeries are my favorite.

February 08, 2008 3:19 p.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home