Google
 

Monday, July 30, 2007

Weddings, Ten Mile Races and Foot Pain and Harry Potter Spoilers

It has been a week since i completed the Tele 10 Road race. This is a race that I did not think I would run this year, let alone finish. I completed it in 91 mins. I had set my goal at 90 mins and had run 9 min miles. however I got a little excited halfway through and hit a few 8 min miles while translated into a few painful 10 minute miles near the end of the race. It was a hot race too. 25degrees and humid. I like to run in the heat, but after 8 or 9 miles, my training failed and i hit the wall. but i finished and that was all I wanted. now I will work on staying fit so I can run again next year. I still have a very sore foot though as my running orthotics are causing one part of my foot to ache after runs. so i am off to get that fixed this week. lucky for me that my orthotic person is also part of the running community and has said she will fit me in this week on short notice. she has a few week wait list.

I finished wedding #2 on saturday. wow what a great wedding. now I hate weddings personally, would rather stay home, but this one was at a hotel and was organized very well. wedding at 6, dinner at 7. now that is a great wedding. however i did not enjoy the 8$ glasses of wine. 4 drinks cost me 31 bucks. beer was a little cheaper. i got a look from the waiter when i didn't leave a tip when I closed out my card. The tip was included in the cost asshole. cast your judgmental look elsewhere. no wonder all the guests have gone upstairs to drink between things. idiots. seriously if they had reasonably priced drinks most people would have stayed in the bar and had a few. not got gouged at the bar. anyways, congrats Glynn and Leanne.

Foot pain: ouch. wont go away, aches. I have to stop running again now to try an reduce the inflammation in my ankle or arch or where ever it is. man what a pain in the ass. this is the best time of year to start running too. hot and humid. oh well better to take a few weeks off and ride the bike than to hurt myself and take the rest of the year off. and to add insult to injury I am about to start clerkship which will require me to stand for many hours of the day. I am ok with walking around all day, but once I have to stand for more than 10 minutes in the same spot, my foot begins to ache and will not go away. if you are in my hospital, i will be the med student who is constantly rocking on his feet and looking out at the weather to see if I can go for a run after work.

I finished the harry Potter book last week. i enjoyed it and I was pleasantly surprised. stop reading now if you have not read the book yet.

I was surprised with her choices of who to kill in the book. I actually didn't care as long as it wasn't harry or hagrid or Hermione or Ron. I thought killing those would have been devastating to her younger readers. I was expecting Harry to get it in the end. and I thought i had heard that he did by some stunned person at the Tele 10 who decided to discuss the book in a crowd of 2000 1 day after it had been released. we cant all stay up all night reading man! I really liked the way she wrote the last 3 chapters. very well done. lots of explanation. however she has finished the series. she wrote the last line stating that all was well, i.e. Harry has won and there will never be another book so stop asking. This was probably the best book next to OOTP which i loved and have read more than once (the only one). But as for the OOTP book and movie, I am sure that Hollywood will kill the deathly hallows movie as there is no way they can do justice to that type of book unless the movie breaks the 3 hr point. As we have seen Hollywood is not willing to make a "kids" move longer than 2hr30 mins. even though they stopped being kids movies at the second movie. anyways I digress.

Quote of the day: shes as nutty as squirrel poo! - from Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Aaron

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home