Google
 

Sunday, April 29, 2007

I am Back

Today I ran my first sanctioned road race in almost a year. Today was the 29th annual Burton's Pond 5k. This is always the first run of the year and is a great warm up to the season. Considering 9 months ago I thought I would never run again, i feel fantastic with my time and place in the race. It is over 5 mins off my PB but like i said, thought i would never run again, especially not competitively so i am stoked. it was a bit cool but it is April in Newfoundland. I ran with my good friend the right honorable Dr. Smittenheimer (Smitty) who was running his first race ever. Besides having sweat frozen to his head at the end of the race, he had a blast. There is another 5k next Sunday which i think we are going to head out for. should be a blast seeing how it runs past my house! a 10k in 6 weeks? lets keep positive!

here are some pics (Thanks a ton Steph!), Enjoy!

AK



Cold Start

race start

My finish!!

Smitty's Finish!!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oohhhhhhh, *that's* how you're supposed to take a picture of the finish line :P :S Sorry couldn't be there, maybe we can watch the next one! You did great for being out of the ring for so long!

April 30, 2007 1:40 p.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home